We’ve decided to drop off Pixlr Cloud – it is definitely not to increase any profit in anyway but rather with the new GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) that just came in force on 25 May 2018. We are being compliant to it and do not store any sort of data or images anywhere in the Cloud which may cause a hefty havoc to get consent and just complicated stuff.
Pixlr cloud storage will be closed on July 31, 2018.
All items saved on Pixlr Cloud will be cleared and unretrievable after this date. Do backup anything that you would like to save onto your computer.
We don’t have access to any of the images you make when you use any of our apps, and none of our employees can see what you create or edit. From time to time we get questions from users of our apps who are worried that we might take their photos and use them for some marketing or other purpose. We do not do anything like that. We have an article that explains storage and backups of content, which in summary says that we aren’t able to restore any deleted content for any of our apps, whether we host or do not host those photos. Save early and often!
We get this question from time to time, often from people who use our apps to edit photos they intend to sell. While we can’t give people legal advice and encourage everyone to learn about copyright law if they ever have any questions about legal issues, Pixlr products are used by a lot of people to make things that are both for free and for sale. Many people use effects from our apps to improve and sell images. We make tools for people to edit and improve images, but it’s really up to them what they make and do with those images. Whether you’re making something for artistic reasons or to further your business, we love seeing what you make. Feel free to point us to your work via our Twitter account @pixlr. Maybe we can help promote it.
Pixlr Editor is a sophisticated image-editing tool for both pros and talented amateurs. Graphic designers and photo retouchers use this app, as do educators who want to teach their students the principles of graphic design. Pixlr Editor is only available on the Web. A few reasons people use it:
- No account necessary. Create an account for free storage space if you prefer.
- Nothing special to download or install. Just fire it up in your browser when you need it.
- Provides tools like layers, lasso tool, brush controls, cloning, and filters.
- Private Pixlr Library where you can store all your photos and images.
- Can connect to third-party photo streams for access to Facebook, Flickr, Picasa, and Google Drive photos.
An easy-to-use tool that anyone can use to make photos and images more creative, Pixlr Express is available for Web, iOS and Android. A few things to know about Pixlr Express:
- No learning curve or complicated tools.
- Removes red-eye, brightens teeth. Also includes a handy “auto-fix” option to adjust light, color, and tone to make your photos look great.
- Preview and test out effects before committing to changes. Make a mistake? Undo until it’s back to where you want it.
- Cute it up with stickers and sparkles and lighthearted fonts — or just stick to business with photo-fixing tools if you prefer.
- Cool photo effects like focal blur, de-noise, and color splash.
Pixlr-o-matic is a step back to the darkroom of photography’s past — but without all those pesky chemicals. You can create over a zillion (okay, 2 million) different combinations of its many effects, overlays, and frames. Pixlr-o-matic is available for the Web, iOS, and Android. It’s also available in a special downloadable format for Windows and Mac. Why people like this app:
- Vintage, grunge, neon, chemical burns — it’s full of dramatic effects and tortured frames to please the most demanding Victorian steampunk enthusiast.
- Butterflies, flowers, sparkles, fireworks, and spaced-age backgrounds can turn your family photos into dream-filled landscapes.
- Randomizer option: Just keep hitting the randomizer, and we’ll throw random effects at you until you see something you like.
- Pixlr-o-matic is conveniently available as a downloadable app for your computer.
Pixlr Editor, Pixlr Express, and Pixlr-o-matic for the web require the Adobe Flash plug-in. Chances are you already have Flash installed in your browser, but if you don’t you can get it for free here.
Pixlr apps will work on just about any browser, including Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer. However, be aware that most of the world has moved away from IE6, so if you’re still using it we strongly recommend upgrading to a newer browser.
Pixlr-o-matic is available as an Adobe Air app, which runs Flash apps on your computer (and not in your browser). To use it, you’ll need to download and install Adobe Air, which is a free application.
Pixlr Mobile: Why Ads?
Over time, we’ve introduced ads in some of our apps. Pixlr Editor and Pixlr Express on the web have ads in the browser, Pixlr for iOS and Android has a limited number of ads in places, and we have a few scattered ads on our site in various locations. We’re committed to being transparent with our users, so we want to offer a few details about why we include ads in some Pixlr apps and services.
First and foremost: Providing services costs money
We’ve been providing free apps for desktop, for the web, and for mobile for many years. Like all such services, running it takes money. Simply put, including ads helps us defray these costs.
Revenue now funds improvements tomorrow
We have a staff of people who are dedicated to improving the apps we currently offer and working on next-generation apps to satisfy the changing trends of digital art. We want to make bigger and better apps and provide services for more and more people. That only happens if we can prove — to ourselves and to others — that our products and services show real value. In other words, making money shows we’re on the right (sustainable) path.
Pixlr Editor is available in many languages and has a very active international user base. You can change the language of the Pixlr interface from the Language menu. It’s easy to change it back at any time.
- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
Pixlr Express, and Pixlr-o-matic are English only.