Is there special pricing for nonprofits or educators?
Pixlr Editor is used by a lot of nonprofits — and especially educators. We get questions from time to time from educators and nonprofits asking if we offer discounted licenses or if we have built our software to comply with special policies that address privacy concerns. We hope this article helps answer those questions if you have them:
- Pricing: We do not offer any special pricing for educators. In fact, we don’t offer Pixlr Editor for sale at all. We strongly encourage educators to use the free online Pixlr Editor app. It’s the right app for teaching graphic design basics.
- Ads: Sorry, but we don’t offer a way to remove ads from our online Pixlr Editor app.
- Privacy: We don’t track users or market to them or share user data with third parties. It’s simply an online tool for basic graphic design. It’s open to anyone who wants to use it.
- Accounts: If you wish, you can create an account and save images to a Pixlr Library for convenience. You can also create an account via Google. Or, don’t create an account at all. It’s up to you.
- Chromebook: Pixlr Editor works on Chromebooks, but it doesn’t work offline. It’s a Flash-based app so it requires Flash and the ability for Flash to save to a local directory.
- COPPA: Pixlr Editor is not COPPA compliant and may not be ideal for you if you require a lot of special certifications, but it’s a great tool for kids to learn graphic design basics.
Why use Pixlr Editor for teaching?
Ultimately, it’s up to teachers or nonprofit heard to decide if any software works for them. A lot of educators like using Pixlr Editor because its free; it works in virtually any browser; it doesn’t require an account; and it doesn’t share out images to third-party social networking services. In fact, we don’t host any public user generated content.